The passing of a legend.

Okay, so maybe this guy isn't really a legend, but I have to admit, anyone with a nickname like his deserves special mention on this blog. So, who am I talking about?
Well, the one and only Vincent "The Chin" Gigante, that's who. Vinnie, as his friends call him, was formerly the head of the Genovese crime family and probably one of the most influential mob bosses of his time. Of course, it's rather easy to get your point across when you're smashing someone's fingers one-by-one with a ball peen hammer, so maybe the influential bit doesn't come in to play as much as I thought.
The Chin is probably best known for managing to avoid a prison term by faking insanity. He would actually wander around his neighborhood wearing some rather well-worn pajamas and slippers, muttering incoherently to himself. Why anyone thought it was out of the ordinary that an Italian guy was wearing pajamas to work is beyond me.
That's all for now. Rest in peace Vinnie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home