One confusing letter.

As many of you know, I’ve decided to take the plunge and try to get my MBA. I took the GMAT in June and I’ve been getting my applications out over the course of the last month or so.
Last night I went to check the mail, and sitting in my mailbox was an envelope from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I pulled it out of the box and looked at it. It was thick. This has to be a good sign, right?
I tore open the envelope and read the letter. It said:
Certificate of Admission to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Todd Grandominico is admitted into UNL Graduate Studies
Entry Date: Spring Semester 2005-2006
Degree Objective: Non-Degree
Program of Studies: Post Baccalaureate
Yes! I did it!! I’ve officially been accepted into graduate school. This was such a thrill and I practically ran back to my apartment to read the letter five or six more times.
Unfortunately, upon doing so a feeling of horror slowly crept over me. Spring Semester 2005-2006? On-Campus? NON-DEGREE?!?!?!?!
Knowing this couldn’t possibly be right I double-checked a copy of my application and I found that I did apply for the program I wanted to; Fall Semester 2006-2007, the distance MBA program, and I was definitely working toward a degree.
Shit happens I guess, but at least I have a letter saying I’ve been accepted into some sort of graduate program, along with a host of information on how to obtain my student ID card and enroll in classes which I’ll apparently never receive credit for. Oh well.
Maybe I shouldn’t be so surprised though. I mean, this is the same university that admitted Tommy Lee so NBC could film a reality show.
In any event, that’s probably enough excitement for one day. Please excuse me while I place my first-ever phone call to the state of Nebraska.
Last night I went to check the mail, and sitting in my mailbox was an envelope from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I pulled it out of the box and looked at it. It was thick. This has to be a good sign, right?
I tore open the envelope and read the letter. It said:
Certificate of Admission to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Todd Grandominico is admitted into UNL Graduate Studies
Entry Date: Spring Semester 2005-2006
Degree Objective: Non-Degree
Program of Studies: Post Baccalaureate
Yes! I did it!! I’ve officially been accepted into graduate school. This was such a thrill and I practically ran back to my apartment to read the letter five or six more times.
Unfortunately, upon doing so a feeling of horror slowly crept over me. Spring Semester 2005-2006? On-Campus? NON-DEGREE?!?!?!?!
Knowing this couldn’t possibly be right I double-checked a copy of my application and I found that I did apply for the program I wanted to; Fall Semester 2006-2007, the distance MBA program, and I was definitely working toward a degree.
Shit happens I guess, but at least I have a letter saying I’ve been accepted into some sort of graduate program, along with a host of information on how to obtain my student ID card and enroll in classes which I’ll apparently never receive credit for. Oh well.
Maybe I shouldn’t be so surprised though. I mean, this is the same university that admitted Tommy Lee so NBC could film a reality show.
In any event, that’s probably enough excitement for one day. Please excuse me while I place my first-ever phone call to the state of Nebraska.

5 Comments:
Iowa State is the only school in the Big 12 worth a shit anyways.
December 20, 2005 3:49 PM
Howie is mistaken, Texas and Texas Tech have good programs as well.
December 21, 2005 1:43 PM
Indeed it is.
December 21, 2005 2:01 PM
Texas Tech? Has Elliott added another team to his group of 7 that he supports?
December 21, 2005 4:19 PM
Yeah, but that's just football teams. He has at least six business schools that he roots for too.
December 21, 2005 6:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home