What the hell happened?
In the immortal words of one of the groundskeepers in the movie Major League, "They're shitty." That's about all we can say to sum up the 2006 edition of the Cleveland Indians.
Last night they blew another ninth inning lead to lose 6-5 to the Boston Red Sox. The sad thing is, that's the second walk-off win for the Red Sox in three days. David Ortiz hit a three-run home run the other night for a 9-8 Boston win.
What is going on up there? This is a team that was picked to contend for the AL Central Division title. Now the only thing they're contending for is a last place finish.
They made a strong run late in the season last year, and it looked like the team was really starting to click. A year later, they sit 14 games under .500 and with talented players like Ronnie Belliard, Ben Broussard and Bob Wickman being traded away, it looks as if next year may be a struggle as well. Hopefully the young prospects they've gotten in return will help fill a void in the coming seasons. For now though, we've got to write this one off.
Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that out of my system. Hell, if the Tigers can turn things around, maybe we can too. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to check on tickets for a game in September.
Once a fan, always a fan.

5 Comments:
they just suck!!!
August 03, 2006 7:51 PM
The Yankees?!
August 03, 2006 10:53 PM
Yes, the Yankees, I am also a fan so you better back off of the Yankees.
August 04, 2006 6:58 AM
Yes mother your a Yankee fan, that is why I am a Boston Fan.
August 16, 2006 11:07 PM
Sorry I ment "you're".
August 16, 2006 11:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home