Made It
After roughly 22 hours in the air, I have finally arrived in Cape Town. Whoever said getting there was half the fun was obviously a complete, f-ing idiot. The last day and a half has been pretty miserable, at least from a cramped, window seat point of view.
Yesterday, I got into Paris and took a train in to see the sights. I had a 12-hour layover, so it was nice to do something. Unfortunately, the crowds were pretty big and I just didn't have the energy to fight the lines at some of the museums and cathedrals. It was nice though, to at least see some of the things I'd read about. Paris is a neat city, but impossible to navigate. I was thoroughly confused most of the time I was walking around, and have to admit, a child scribbling on a piece of paper with a crayon could have planned a more efficient city layout. (Just to let you know, I got lost roughly seventeen times yesterday and about threw my map in the Seine, but I guess that's what I signed on for.)
After that, it was time to head out, so I hopped my flight to Johannesburg and then another one to Cape Town. The weather right now is pretty lousy, that and not much is open with it being Sunday, so I don't plan to do much other than hang out at the hostel. At least there's a bar here and a few other people.
That's about all for now. A happy Father's Day to my Dad and to all of the other Dad's out there.

8 Comments:
C'mon Todd, post something! You've been in Africa for days.
June 20, 2007 11:49 AM
i second the florida crew's comment! i keep checking and want to read about your adventures...
sherri
June 21, 2007 2:44 PM
HAVE A BLAST.
PS-
Thanks for the donation for the golf tournament. The picture looks great.
June 21, 2007 8:07 PM
Hope your making the most of your trip Todd. I'm sure you are so feel free to stay away from the computer...hell, you're in Africa!
~Adventurous Travels,
Jason
June 23, 2007 1:58 AM
I am back from Vegas, no I can't quit my day job. I am hoping you are having a great time, just can't wait, just like the others to hear from you and see your pictures. I know you will be fine, but I am a Mom so get over it that I WON"T worry. Love you.
June 23, 2007 11:27 AM
Bring me home a baby rhino.
June 23, 2007 6:20 PM
I'm very upset that you didn't invite your cousin to come along with you to Africa. At least I got to hang out with your mom in Vegas. Your mom and my mom together are animals! It was like a wild safari in its own little way!
June 24, 2007 11:38 AM
Please do not bring your brother home a baby rhino. He has enough trouble taking care of himself. I am totally jealous of your trip however your brother likes to think I am jealous of you because you have such a great brother.
June 24, 2007 1:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home