Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Peruvian food and the lack thereof.


How many times have you been at work on a Friday afternoon and gotten an email from someone saying, "Hey, we're going out for Peruvian food tonight, you in?"

Okay, so that's probably never happened, but I can imagine there might be a slightly higher chance of that than someone asking, "Anybody know of a good Canadian restaurant around here?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to make fun of Peruvians or their food. It's something different and I'd really like to try it. I can't say I know a whole lot about it either, but I do know they consider the guinea pig a delicacy. I have no idea why and yes, that does make me question exactly why I want to try Peruvian food. It may also help to explain just why Peru has never been considered a superpower.

In any event, if anybody knows of a good Peruvian restaurant, fill me in. Or, even better, if you happen to be Peruvian, how about organizing a group outing sometime? That way we can all try it and share in something new together.

(And yes Jorge, this post could be considered a glaring example of a hint.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From desert to mountains to rainforest, Peru's three distinct zones-costa, sierra, selva (coast, highlands and rainforest)offer unbelievable culinary diversity.
From seafood and creole food in the coast to potatoes,chicken, pork,lamb and yes..guinea pig (a delicacy, very good Todd)in the highlands to trout in the jungle (honestly, i think this is all they eat out there). Since I'm the first peruvian you all met in Atlanta - Johanna doesn't count, I'm taking Todd's hint - stay tuned for the invite.

January 10, 2006 10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home