Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Back in the USA

Yesterday started way too early as I had to get ready for my trip back home. I threw a final wave goodbye to Andy Warhol and headed back to the airport at 7 AM Berlin time. The flight back was great as I had an entire row to myself. It was like stretching out on my couch so I watched a few movies and finished a book I'd brought along.

The flight was uneventful, except for the funniest announcement I think I've ever heard from a flight attendant. We were just about ready to leave when she came over the intercom and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have just closed the aircraft door. If Newark is not your final destination, it is now. So, just sit back, enjoy the nine hour flight and we'll worry about things when we get there." I got a good chuckle out of that one.

Other than that, I got back into Atlanta at a little after 6 PM and headed straight for Michelle and Julie's. Yesterday wasn't only Valentine's Day, it was also Michelle Krogmeier's 24th birthday. We all got together for some of Julie's great tuna casserole and had an awesome time. I'm really glad there was something to do as I wanted to try to stay up late to get back on US time. It was also great to see everyone.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about the picture, that's the Hotel Adlon, where Michael Jackson dangled a baby out of the window. It was requested by Elliott. More pictures are sure to come, so stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU TODD!

February 15, 2006 3:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home