Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

A to-do list for your life.

Ask anyone what they plan to accomplish in their lifetime and chances are you'll get a lengthy response. If you don't, consider yourself lucky to be in the presence of the most boring person on the planet. Or at the very least, the most indecisive.

Either way, the majority of us strive to make the most out of the time we have. Some of us go for the more obvious; getting married, having kids, or traveling more, while some of us go to more extremes; rafting the Grand Canyon, sky-diving or even swimming with sharks. (Hopefully that last one doesn't turn out to be someone's final accomplishment.)

Regardless of how you look at it, the more we pack into our lives, the more exciting it will be. I've always said I never want to be the person sitting around thinking, "I wish I would have (fill in the blank)." Maybe that fear is part of what's always keeping me on the go.

To help make sure I accomplish everything I want to, I sat down a few months ago and made a list. A few of the items on it are shared below. I guess you could call this my life-list.

Here goes:
-Visit all 50 states. (30 down, 20 to go)
-See all four of golf's major championships (Only 1 left!)
-Learn to cook the perfect steak.
-Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- Take a photograph that stops people in their tracks.
- Retire a millionaire.
- Go sky-diving.
- Learn a foreign language.
- See the Cleveland Browns win a game at home.
- Meet a President.
- Attend a World Series game.
- Go on an African safari.

These are just a few of the things from a very long list, but they're all things that with a little planning, and luck, I can accomplish. As I make progress, I'll be sure to let you know.

9 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Okay, so I'm going to say this for Howie before he gets the chance....You should put it on your list to come up with a good blog.

Howie sucks.

February 05, 2006 2:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Todd, I know you will do it all too. You are a person I admire for the way you live your life, but then I am your Mom. Still, life is short, you are living it to the fullest. If I wanted grandchildren I could borrow some, have fun and keep on having fun forever. Love you.

February 05, 2006 5:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things we've already done you mentioned:

1. Rafted Grand Canyon
2. 2 majors to go
3. Cooked perfect steak
4. Taken photograph that stops people
5. Met a president
6. Seen a World Series game

February 05, 2006 9:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elliott and Julie are assholes.

February 05, 2006 10:55 PM

 
Blogger hkalin said...

I was just going to the comments page to say that I liked your list and I am ready to go Sky Diving when you are. And than for no apparent reason, I get slammed. Could it be that I gave you some assistance to get some sleep on the plane to Germany?

Why are Elliott and Julie posting together? Just a question. And I also know for sure that it was Julie who cooked the perfect steak.

February 06, 2006 12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoever called Elliott and Julie that name needs to come to Ohio so I can take them to the whipping shed. That was not nice, you need to apologize, don't do it again. I need to wash your mouth out. Shame on you.

February 06, 2006 1:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Mom!!!

February 06, 2006 1:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks MM, we know you've got our back!

February 06, 2006 5:44 PM

 
Blogger Todd said...

MM's gonna get a whoopin' if she's not careful!!

February 07, 2006 11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home