The saga of Opie's hat.
Like most older brothers, I consider it my duty, make that my privilege, to carry on the grand tradition of tormenting my younger brother. You'd think at 27 I would be tired of this, but that would be just plain wrong.
Last summer, my younger brother Aaron (also known as Opie) had but one request of me when I went to Europe; to bring back a top hat with the British flag on it. I found the hat he asked for, and then took it all over London and snapped pictures of it posing in front of landmarks and with random people.
When I got back, Opie got the pictures in the mail, but not the hat. It still hasn't returned home, but since London it's been to Alaska, Hilton Head, New York City and Oregon. It's logged nearly 20,000 miles of traveling since it took off from London and something tells me it won't be ready to come home for a long time.
Below are some pictures of Opie's hat in its travels. Stay tuned to see where it heads to next.
Last summer, my younger brother Aaron (also known as Opie) had but one request of me when I went to Europe; to bring back a top hat with the British flag on it. I found the hat he asked for, and then took it all over London and snapped pictures of it posing in front of landmarks and with random people.
When I got back, Opie got the pictures in the mail, but not the hat. It still hasn't returned home, but since London it's been to Alaska, Hilton Head, New York City and Oregon. It's logged nearly 20,000 miles of traveling since it took off from London and something tells me it won't be ready to come home for a long time.
Below are some pictures of Opie's hat in its travels. Stay tuned to see where it heads to next.
In London, with Big Ben.

At the entrance to Denali National Park in Alaska.

At the beach in Hilton Head, SC.

With some of NYC's finest.

With Mt. Hood in Oregon.

3 Comments:
I think it needs to go to Vegas and see how lucky it can be. I know who can take it and handle it with care.
February 10, 2006 8:41 PM
When is the hat going to visit Ohio?
It would be nice to see the little guy sometime, after all I haven't even met the hat yet!
February 11, 2006 12:55 PM
If Opie would get out of Ohio for once he might run into the hat.
February 11, 2006 3:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home