Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Back from NM

The trip to New Mexico is officially over. I made it back all safe and sound and pretty surprised that my legs aren't killing me. I'm pretty sunburned, but that's about it.

It was a good trip overall and I'm glad I went. I'd have to say I recommend a trip out there if anyone is looking for a destination. Santa Fe was pretty neat, as was Albuquerque. I didn't get to see much of Taos as it was bike week there and extremely crowded Come to think of it, I should have weathered the crowds and checked things out. Taos is mostly a community of ex-hippies and artists, so that could have been an interesting combination when paired with bikers.

My favorite parts were the hikes through the Rio Grande Gorge and Bandelier National Monument. The gorge hike drops you down to the river and you're surrounded by 700' cliffs in either side. The same pretty much goes for Bandelier, except that you've got the cliff dwellings to check out. Unfortunately though, I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked in Bandelier. I missed out on some photo opportunities on things I didn't get to see. Oh well.

In any event, the flight back was good, educational too. I ended up sitting next to two kids, a brother and sister who I'm guessing were between 5-7. Their father was sitting a row back in the aisle. I offered to switch seats, but he said, "Oh no, it'll be fine. I don't want to inconvenience you." Yeah right pal, you just want some time alone away from the kids.

They were extremely well behaved though and I didn't mind sitting with them at all. They even taught me a few things, most notably that a nuclear explosion would completely destroy the city of Durango, Colorado and that you should never feed a blue whale chocolate.

Points to ponder, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home