So Long, Bruno Kirby.
You would think it would be difficult to make a career out of playing Billy Crystal's best friend in movies, but one guy has managed to do a pretty good job of it.Bruno Kirby teamed up with Crystal in both "When Harry Met Sally" and "City Slickers," both times playing Crystal's character's best friend. These are probably his two most memorable roles too. If you don't think they are, how many times do you remember playing Win, Lose or Draw when someone yelled out "Baby Fishmouth!" See what I mean. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about watch When Harry Met Sally again.)
Bruno passed away recently at the age of 57 after losing his battle with leukemia. I don't normally do tributes on here, but I couldn't let this one go.
Rest in peace, Bruno Kirby.

1 Comments:
I guess the asshole doing this blog doesn't think that "The Godfather Part II", "Basketball Diaries", or "Donnie Brasco" are worth mentioning. Kirby was much more than Crystal's sidekick and he should be eulogized as such.
August 24, 2006 12:30 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home