Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Back in the swing of things

Okay, so most of you have probably written me off as far as this blog goes and you know what, I deserve it. But with some travels coming up next week, I figured it was time to shake off the rust and try to remember my sign-in name and password.

With that said, my next couple of trips are booked. The first is coming up a week from Wednesday when I fly from Atlanta to Quito, Ecuador. Millions of Americans will be traveling that day to spend time with their loved ones around Thanksgiving. I on the other hand, will be enjoying a five day break in Ecuador. Why Ecuador you ask? Good question, the flight was cheap thanks to $22 and 35,000 Skymiles on Delta. But when it comes down to it, why not?

The plan is to leave Quito on Thanksgiving day and take a bus to a mountain town called Banos where I'll be hiking around, possibly doing some mountain biking and enjoying the hell out of being in the mountains for a change. This year was all about deserts for some reason. After three days there, I head back to Quito on that Sunday, spend the night there and fly out late on Monday night. It'll be a quick getaway, but I need some adventure. Hopefully I'll be rewarded with some great times and lots of fun.

As for the second trip, I just cashed in the remainder of my Skymiles and fly out on February 15th for 9 days in Colombia. And yes, I know what you're thinking, and yes, I could potentially be crazy.

So with that, I'll post some pictures of the most recent trip, to Colorado over Labor Day weekend.

At Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, looking over the canyon from a hike up to Green Mountain.

Inside a kiva in Spruce Tree House in Mesa Verde NP.


The most famous cliff dwellings in Mesa Verde, Cliff Palace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. But aren't you going to eat turkey on Thanksgiving or are you going to be a communist!

November 15, 2007 1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home