Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Unbelievable!!

For the second time this year, we have to throw out a huge congratulations to Ben Curtis for winning a PGA event. A lot of people have called him a one-hit wonder, but after victories this year at the Booz Allen Classic and another one yesterday at the 84 Lumber Classic, he has proven otherwise.

Ben was tied for the lead after the second and third rounds and went on to win yesterday by two strokes. He beat a good group of young golfers and collected a whopping $828,000 for his efforts. I just wish he didn't have to wear Steelers gear. Nobody should have to do that, endorsement contract or otherwise.

This has been a pretty exciting year watching Ben play. I can't tell you how great it is to be able to see him win not once, but twice on tour and shut up all those so-called experts who said he would never win again.

With his victory, Ben moved up to 21st on the PGA Tour money list, which puts him in contention to make the season-ending Tour Championship, played right here in Atlanta. Only the top-30 money winners are eligible for the tournament so it would be a huge step if he can hold on for that. It would be a thrill to be able to watch Ben compete in that tournament.

With that in mind, maybe it was a little bit of irony, or maybe it was fitting what happened this morning. As I was typing an email to Ben and Candace congratulating them on the win, I heard a knock at the door. I opened it and found a FedEx letter sitting at my doorstep. Inside the envelope were the two weekly passes to the Tour Championship that I'd ordered months ago. Of all the times they could have arrived, they came at the perfect moment.

Congratulations Ben and Candace. Here's to hoping we'll see you in Atlanta in November.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Ben, but Todd, that is absolutely pathetic you just copied my blog post. You are friends with him and should have written your own congratulations and feelings. It is a disgraceful and lazy thing to do and I think you owe both Ben and myself an apology.

September 18, 2006 7:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a Browns fan also but after his win I think he should love the color of yellow. The color of brown is not doing a thing right now. Gammy would be very proud.

September 19, 2006 6:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Ben, for putting central Ohio on the map.

September 19, 2006 9:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised you did that Todd. Elliott obviously wrote his first because his post is from Sunday and yours is from Monday.

September 19, 2006 10:27 AM

 
Blogger Todd said...

Unfortunately for Elliott, he's forgetting one small detail. At 7:31 PM on Sunday, he was with me, getting dinner, so we could sit down and watch the golf tournament.

That and the updated money list for the PGA wasn't released until Monday morning. It's nice that you can put in whatever date and time you want when you post, but it's always the small details that get you!

No matter, though, Elliott still loses his Tour Championship tickets for this little stunt. Anybody else want them?

September 19, 2006 12:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd, you are absolutely right about the money list thing. I did some math Sunday night and came up with Ben being 21, as it turns out on Monday when the rankings came out he was 22. I actually forgot about Quigley jumping up due to his 3rd place, so I was one off. I apologize for my math error which occurred both on Todd and my blogs.

September 20, 2006 12:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to go with Todd, since he is the ONLY one who ever updates his blog. But, I guess it would come down to what the ranking really is...if it is 22, I'd have to say Elliott probably wrote his first. Where can I find that?

September 20, 2006 4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This argument is childish.

September 21, 2006 3:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

childish, yet relative!

September 22, 2006 1:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home