Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In Petra

The last couple of days have been absolutely amazing. Petra is one of the most incredible places I have ever been. On Monday I went to the Petra By Night excursion with two guys I met at the hostel. It was really a sight to see it lit by candlelight. The entire pathway called the Siq was lined with candles and they had traditional Bedouin music and storytelling in front of the Treasury, the most famous of the facades here.

Yesterday was spent hiking around the ruins and taking it all in. I spent time with the two guys from the hostel, plus a brother and sister from the US. All were great and it was nice to have some company. The highlight was the hike up to the Monastery, which is the largest of Petra's facades. It sits high above the rest of the city and is a very impressive sight. There were also some incredible views to be had of the surrounding countryside.

Today was a rest day for the most part. We had a little wild time last night partying with some of the locals, so I didn't make it out to Petra until late in the afternoon for some photo opportunities. Tonight I'll be heading to the night trip again and tomorrow I spend the morning in Petra before heading to the Dead Sea. I will post more from there since time is short right now. Enjoy the pictures of the Treasury.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Elliott you got your wish. Guess you really told him!!!!!

February 19, 2009 6:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Thank you for putting pictures up

2. I am an idiot. I saw your call coming through, thought it was some sort of automated message b/c of the number, then let it go to VM. Sorry, should have picked up

February 19, 2009 11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home