Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

All is well in Mongolia

Not much time to post right now, but I will tomorrow. We just got back from 12 days roughing it in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I've ever felt more remote. The trip has been unbelievable though, incredible sights and a great group of fellow travelers. They even threw me a birthday party yesterday, complete with cake and plenty of alcohol.

And just so everyone knows, I will tell you I apologize now to the people of Mongolia. I really did not intend for a state of emergency to be declared. The good news is, we didn't know anything about it until a couple of days ago. Apparently it was something to do with the elections and they only instituted a curfew and halted alcohol sales in Ulaanbaatar. We had plenty of beverage options in the backwoods.

I hope everyone is well and those that attended my Atlanta birthda party had a great time, thanks for throwing it and taking my picture around. I'll write more after we attend the opening ceremony to the Nadaam Festival. Should be a blast.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roughing it, is that like living in Ostrander again??? Glad to hear from you.

July 10, 2008 11:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After 11 days of hearing nothing this is all we get. Pathetic.

Bring back the Todd of his 20s.

July 10, 2008 2:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...12 days roughing it in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I've ever felt more remote." DUH! You're in Mongolia. Did you think you were going to New York City? Happy birthday, old man.

July 11, 2008 2:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one Tricia... Let him have it.

July 12, 2008 10:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home