Peru
Well, it's been a while for the blog, but tonight I'm off for the big trip of the year. Tonight I leave for a 17 day journey through Peru. I'm pretty excited about it and it should be a really cool place to visit. My first stop will be Lima. I spend a couple of days there before flying off to Cuzco, Peru's tourism capital high up in the Andes. Cuzco is the gateway to the ancient cities of the Inca. After a day and a half in Cuzco I'm off to a place I've always wanted to visit, Machu Picchu. It's one of the world's greatest treasures and I can't wait to visit.
Following that, I'll work my way back to Cuzco and then Lima. That's where the trip gets odd as I'll join a tour group and then fly back to Cuzco. I had some rearranging of the trip to do as my original intent was to combine this with a trip through Bolivia. That was cancelled by GAP Adventures, my tour operator, so I had to find an alternative. It's a little hassle, but nothing big and I'll probably want a break back in the big city.
We'll have a couple of days in Cuzco and then we head off to hike to the city of Choquequirao. This is commonly known as Machu Picchu's sister city and is only accessible by a roughly 40 mile round trip hike. It should be an amazing trek. Following that I'll head back to Cuzco and then home on July 7th.
All in all I'm really excited for this trip. I've heard a lot about Peru and can't wait to visit. Special thanks go out to Jorge for giving me some advice on things to do, and very importantly, restaurant recommendations. I'll be posting here to keep everyone updated, so enjoy the posts. Talk to you all tomorrow from Lima, Peru!

1 Comments:
yay! you're out and about again--can't wait to follow you on your trip... and can't wait to see the pics! safe travels, friend! -e-
June 21, 2009 12:15 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home