Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Leavin' On A Jet Plane....

Well, this is it. Tonight I leave for a twelve day trip to Argentina. I can't tell you how pumped I am right now. Of course, I just hope I get everything done before I leave...starting with laundry.

In any event, tonight I leave out of Atlanta and after a stop in Houston, it's off to Buenos Aires. I'll spend Saturday there, head over to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay on Sunday and then catch a flight to El Calafate in Argentine Patagonia. From El Calafate I'm planning a trip to see the Perito Moreno Glacier (That's Glay-cee-yar to Elliott) on Tuesday and then Wednesday I head to El Chalten.

El Chalten, about a four hour bus ride from El Calafate, sits at the edge of Parque Nacional Los Glaciares. Two of Argentina's most spectacular mountain peaks, Cerro Torre and Monte Fitz Roy sit within that section of the park. I'll be hiking around there for a few days until Saturday when I head back to El Calafate for the night.

Sunday it's off to Ushuaia where I'll be checking out Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego. I might also do a boat trip through the Beagle Channel. Tuesday night I fly back to Buenos Aires and then back to Atlanta on Wednesday night.

It should be an awesome trip and I can't wait to go. If you want to see where I'll be just click on the map for a larger version. I'll try to post as often as possible so stay tuned for updates from Argentina.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fun trip Todd!

March 17, 2006 11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home