Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Monday, October 02, 2006

The First Day of School

This morning, bright and early, I got up and got ready for school. I put on my nicest clothes, checked myself in the mirror (looking good!) and....opened up Internet Explorer?

Okay, so it's not your typical first day of school; there are no classes to go to, no catching up with everyone in between class, not even a packed lunch waiting on the kitchen table. The one thing that hasn't changed, however, is that same sense of excitement we've all had on the first day of classes.

As many of you know, I'm beginning an MBA program through the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. It's a distance program and is administered almost completely online.

I logged onto our class site on a web program called Blackboard. At the front was a welcome from the professor and a lot of information for us to read through including our course syllabus and assignments.

He also started a discussion on our discussion board for us to introduce ourselves to each other. I'm not sure how many people are in the class, but so far it seems like around 40. It looks like most of them have some connection to the University too. A lot have undergraduate degrees from UNL and quite a bit of them still live in Nebraska.

We do have some international students, one from Taiwan and a couple of active members of the military. One is a pilot in Afghanistan and another is stationed in Iraq.

This is something I've had planned for quite a while, so it's nice to finally get started. I'm looking forward to continuing my education as well as meeting a lot of new people through the program.

There is one unfortunate thing though...I already have homework.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been waiting for this for a long time, finally here. By the way, the school bus, that is a spitting image of you, the middle window first on the right. If people would see your pictures of your when you were that age they would say the same. Wonder who is driving the bus????

October 02, 2006 1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home