Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Next Big Trip

As a lot of you know, one goal of mine is to visit every continent at some point in my life. Yesterday I took a step toward completing that by booking a space on a tour through two African countries, South Africa and Namibia.

I did quite a bit of research on where to go and after a lot of thought about what exactly I wanted to do, decided on this trip. I included the map to show where I'll be as most of the people I've talked to about it have no idea where Namibia is, nor even heard of it. That and I wanted to prove I really wasn't making it up!

The plan is to leave from Cape Town on June 19 and spend 13 days going through western South Africa and Namibia, eventually ending at the Namibian capital of Windhoek. It should be a lot of fun as along the we way we'll see the Fish River Canyon, the world's second largest canyon, the Sossusvlei sand dunes, the highest in the world and after visiting some coastal towns, spend two days on safari in Etosha National Park watching lions, elephants, zebra and a host of other wildlife.

It's still four months out, but I'm pretty excited about this trip. It will be my biggest to date and also the farthest I'll have ever been from home. I'm sure you'll hear more about it over the coming months, especially you poor Atlanta folks, so stay tuned.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has your mother not read this yet??

February 27, 2007 4:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mother??? He is trying to kill her, put her in the ground and be done with her..

February 28, 2007 6:06 AM

 
Blogger Todd said...

Funny Mom. And don't bother with the "anonymous," You're the only person I know who would be reading this at 6:00 in the morning!

February 28, 2007 2:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure?????????? I think it was Julie, you know, #3.

March 01, 2007 12:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous! my goal right now is searching for teaching positions in africa. i love the mom comments...my dad is totally against me traveling back to africa, i don't think he slept the entire time i was there. ah parents...gotta love them for worrying about their adventurous children!

March 05, 2007 1:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought "The Next Big Trip" was to New York!

March 08, 2007 3:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home