Last Day In The Algarve
I moved on from Faro yesterday and am now in Lagos. Both towns are very much centered around their beaches and draw a lot of tourists. One thing I noticed about Lagos is that you are just as likely to hear English or German being spoken as you are Portuguese.
The scenery outside of town is amazing, so it's easy to see why so many people come here. The beaches are small and crammed in among the incredible cliffs, which rise hundreds of feet straight out of the ocean. I went out last night, this morning, and again this afternoon to take some pictures. The one below was taken a few hours ago at the end of a strip of land they call the Point of Piety.
I had planned on going to the town of Sagres today , but due to the bus schedules not being very convenient I had to scrap that plan. In a way I'm glad, because I got a ton of great shots from today's shooting. I think I'll reward myself by sleeping in and not going out for the sunrise. 6 AM came pretty early this morning as I was out until around 1 listening to drunk British people sing karaoke. The bar that hosted it is right across from the hotel here and after walking by and hearing that accent singing John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads," I just couldn't resist. It was pretty fun people watching.
Well, that's about all from Lagos. Tomorrow morning I think I'll visit the church in town and then head to the train station for my 5 hour ride to Lisbon.
Hope everyone is doing well back home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home