Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Whatever happened to....Jello Pudding Pops.

I was walking through Publix a while ago and for some reason I started thinking about everyone's favorite frozen treat from the 80's, Jello Pudding Pops. I have no idea why, as it wasn't even a hot day, but I walked over to the freezer section and to my horror, couldn't find them.

A few days later I was in Kroger, same result. There had to be something wrong, I thought. Every time I stopped in to the grocery store I came up empty. At this point I really didn't want one any more, but with the image of pitchman Bill Cosby in my head, I turned to the internet for the answer.

So, whatever happened to Jello Pudding Pops? Well, the good news is, nothing...sort of. It seems sometime in the 90's they stopped making them, which left a gaping hole in the frozen confection world. I can't really find the answer as to why, but they did.

Recently though, the good folks at Good Humor, owners of the Popsicle brand have revived them. Maybe it was the online petition at ipetition.com (I'm not joking) that got them going, but I'm happy they did. They even brought back all three original flavors, chocolate, vanilla and my favorite the swirl. I haven't picked up a box yet, but now that we're in the middle of some pretty hot weather I might have to.

They're not sold everywhere, but if you want some, you can find them in Ingles stores in the Atlanta area, or for you Ohio folks, try Giant Eagle or Meijer. Now, if only they could bring back Bill Cosby for some new commercials...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home