Welcome to Todd Grandominico's blog. If you seek proof that there is nothing intelligent on the Internet, you're in the right place.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Made It

I got into Spain yesterday and all is well. Apparently there was a bombing at the Madrid airport just before I arrived, but I knew nothing of it. It was in a parking area, not one of the busy terminal areas, but still about 26 people were hurt.

Anyway, after I got in I headed down to the train station and stowed my luggage so I could check out Madrid for a couple of hours. I didn't get to do too much with my limited time, so mostly I just walked around. I wanted to tour the Palacio Real, but the line was pretty long, so I decided not to.

I toured a church next door instead, and got yelled at. Big surprise, huh? I forgot I was wearing a hat, which brought it on. It was interesting, but nothing too speciall. I did find one thing hilarous, that the church was centuries old, but they had plasma tv's and surround sound speakers installed on some walls and columns. I just found it amusing that something so old would have something so modern in it.

Other than that, I walked down throught the main museum area round Madrid's most famous art museum, the Prado. I thought about going in, but would only have had about an hour by that point to look around, so I decided to skip it. Madrid seemed like it was a pretty fun city and really reminded me of Buenos Aires, minus the dog shit and exhaust fumes.

So, now I'm in Seville. The weather is great, it's pretty warm and the sun is out. It feels a lot like being in Florida, there's even a ton of orange and lemon trees everywhere. I felt like grabbing an orange off a tree while I toured some gardens at the Alcazar, an old palace here, but I figured I'd just leave that to the German tourists.

Well, that's all for now. I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's Eve. I have no idea what I'll be doing tonight, but I'll figure it out eventually. Talk to you all next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home